Monday, 18 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer; My Thoughts and swatches.


So I know I'm way behind with this blog post and every blogger and their dog has wrote a post on these lovely little things but I'm going to put my 10 pence worth in! 

I was ready to write this post a few weeks ago when they first hit the bloggin' world but I found myself on Boots website ordering three more.. whoops! So here I am writing about the six colours I have out of the eight available. 

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer are basically a lipstick and a lip gloss in one, they have the pigmentation of a lipstick and the glossy shine of a lip gloss with out being sticky. They have a satin finish and feel amazing on the lips, there really creamy and do leave a stain on your lips, but if your after a lip stain then these arn't anything to write home about, your going to get these purely for there extremely rich pigmentation. The colour pay off from these little wonders is AMAZING!!! I have really dry lips so wearing lipstick sometimes is really a pain in zee behind, but wearing these is quick and easy because there super duper creamy so don't leave your lips dry or showing icky flaky bits on your lips. 

I bought my six from Boots on line, there £5.99 each but because Boots is so kind and always have the three for two offer on I couldn't help picking up three each time I ordered them. I have the colours Stella, Celestial, Apocaliptic, Luna, Nova and Big Bang. 

I personally love these, they do last a long time, they have amazing colour pay off and there so easy to apply with the doe-foot applicator, all in all I would highly recommend these :) 


First up, Stella YES I HAVE SPELT IT WRONG ON THE PICTURE BUT I'M TO LAZY TO CHANGE IT. I do apologise. Stella is a bright Neon Coral Red. It's really different to any other Coral I have, normally Coral colours have a Orangey or Pinky undertone but with this one I find it has a Red undertone.



Celestial is like your lip colour but better, it's a Plumy Pinky colour and it looks extremely natural on the lips. 



Apocaliptic is a really bright Fuschia Pink.



I have to be honest and say Luna is my least favourite of the six, it just sheems harder to work with, like it's less pigmented but the colour once it's on and you've worked with it for a little bit is amazing. It's a really neutral Orange nude colour and will look amazing in the Summer with a bit of a tan. This is the only one I feel  you need a lip liner with. 



Nova is a really beautiful subtle light pink with a slight purple undertone making it really wearable. Light Pinks never work on my but this one really does!! 



Big Bang is that kind of Red that makes your teeth look super White and it's a proper Red Red with no Pink or Purple undertones to it. 


I find the best way to apply these is to flip the doe-foot up side down and use the pointy-est bit to line your lips first then turn the doe-foot back and apply all over your lips, leave it for a little while to dry and apply a second layer. All the colours are really build able, making them all wearable during the day but I prefer a bright lip so some of them might not be to everyone's taste. One warning, this stuff will get on your teeth so I always stick a finger in my mouth close my mouth and pull my finger out, this takes off all the excess colour that will get on your teeth and also sounds really weird, ma bad! 

Have you tried any of the Apocalips Lip Lacquer? 





35 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I really want to get Celestial, it looks so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, it's really natural looking :) x

      Delete
  2. I've not tried any of these and as I went through all the pictures I was saying each one was my fav :) All gorgeous for different reasons x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, trying to stop myself from getting the last two colours ha xx

      Delete
  3. Just came across your blog! I too suffer with anxiety really badly, as well as other things! Your blog is so cute as well so you are absolutely getting a new follower!! - Lilie xx

    mintcandylilies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post! Love all the photos - jealous, you have such white teeth!! Big Bang looks like a gorgeous shade xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good!! I might actually have to go and buy one, but you make all the colours look so nice. Hope you'll follow back
    xoxo
    http://lucylocketxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, they look amazing on everyone! You should give them a go :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I bought Stella. It's so pretty and such an unusual colour, but I don't think my teeth are white enough to pull it off :( Really want to pick up Celestial and maybe Nova :)
    Really lovely blog, new follower here!

    - Sho
    http://shonalouxo.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want something to make you teeth look white then I'd definitely recommend Big Bang, it's crazy how white it makes you teeth look! xx

      Delete
  7. Woah! Those are amazing!! Seriously! I'm not much of a lip-gloss girl, but I might just be converted!
    MissDelovelyCami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't feel like lip gloss at all but have that amazing shine, I hate the feeling of a lip gloss but these are so nice to wear :D xx

      Delete
  8. ur blog photos are gorgeous! brilliant swatches... i have a couple of these (i bought into the hype!) and i'm now itching for a couple more! luna is deffo on my list xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, 6 out of 8, mays well go for a full house eh?! ha xx

      Delete
  9. I love these colours on you, they look stunning! Defo going to try these out!

    Abit random but you have a really nice lip shape haha

    obesessionlacquer.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. red ones are BEAUTIFUL!

    Would u like to follow each other on Gfc,Fb or Twitter?

    My blog
    www.donnaiveh.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Celestial beyond gorgeous? Second choice for me is Nova :) Am on a no-buy phase. Wait till March....
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh I need to go on a no-buy!! I envy your determination I know I'd fail :( ha x

      Delete
  12. Oh these products seem amazing! :D Big Bang is lovely.


    -SillyLilacs
    Secret Life of a Pharmacy Student

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are, worth the hype :) x

      Delete
  13. I really want to try these lip glosses especially Nova!

    lotsofsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These look amazing on you, my favourite would have to be Celestial. I've been meaning to get one but never knew what shade to get now I do, thanks! :)

    Just Smile.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait until these appear in Australian stores!
    Great blog, I've just followed you :)

    Samantha xo

    http://thislust.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the galaxy shade but now i have the urge to go and buy luna and celestial, so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have the nova and apocliptic they are so amazing colours my next colour i want to buy is stellar it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your swatches are amazing! I was trying to resist the tentation but nahh! Will pick them up today LOL thank you! Big hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greetings, I believe your web site could possibly be having web
    browser compatibility issues. When I take a look at your blog in Safari, it
    looks fine but when opening in IE, it's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Besides that, fantastic site!

    Also visit my site ... power Juicer Elite

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello to every body, it's my first go to see of this web site; this web site contains awesome and in fact excellent information designed for visitors.

    my website - wheatgrass juicers

    ReplyDelete
  21. I visit each day some sites and blogs to read articles or reviews,
    but this weblog offers quality based posts.

    Also visit my web-site wiki.kanevsk.ru

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the admin of this web page is actually
    working hard for his web site, because here every stuff is quality based
    data.

    My website :: froxh.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This information is invaluable. How can I find out more?


    my web page - jack lalanne power juicer pro

    ReplyDelete